Thursday, January 13, 2011

AnnaBelle's Porch

Okay, so maybe I have been spending a little bit too much time in my imaginary South. Between helping with a graphic for a Southern Fiction Writers' Blog, Listening to Lisa Wingate's Lone Star Cafe (a Texas based book) on tape, and watching a few too many episodes of Designing Woman on You Tube, I've been hiding out in the south which is good because it's cold here in Michigan and it just keeps snowing. Sure....this is pretty but after a while, trust me, it gets old.

I was asked by my fabulous author girlfriend, Lisa Wingate, to come up with a graphic for her new Southern Belle View. She hosts this blog with four other delightful authors of Southern Fiction. Anyway, she said she wanted to have an image to showcase their current books but "could it be wrapped in a bit of lace." Keep it southern, ya know. So I made this for them.

Well, as luck would have it...that inspired a kit. That and all of the other southern escapes that I have found.

AnnaBelle's Porch page kit



is band new in the shop at Digital Scrapbook Place.

I also made up this add on pack.


It will be in the store soon but for now it is a posting bonus...That means you can get it for FREE! Find out how to get it free HERE.

I have to say, that lattice is way cool. I made that up while I was keeping my son on task studying his Algebra. It took a full afternoon to digitally weave those laths.

So here's a page I made up with the Anna Belle's Porch digital scrapbook products.


That's my mom in the back and her sister in the foreground. I emailed my aunt this morning with the question of "where was this taken and was the soda pop a treat?" Here is her answer, "It was at a picnic and soda was always a big treat, not just at picnics. We never had it in the house. In fact, one of the first things I remember buying with my own money, from baby sitting, was a 6 pack of coke. And, boy, did I ever watch it closely because it was mine. But I also remember that it didn't taste that good because I was being so selfish, so I shared that last couple of bottle and I never bought it again. LOL!!" My aunt is such a DOLL!

By the way, the brown and the peach paper in the layout come from the AnneBelle's Porch background paper set that will be in the DSP store by next week.

Aren't those great vintage papers??

I love that blue flannel. It reminds me of a chamois shirt that my husband had way back in college before we got married. I was still in high school and stole the shirt from him for several years. He snagged it back and then it disappeared. Imagine my utter surprise when, after we were married and we took a trip to visit his brother in Alaska, the shirt emerged...on his brother! His brother had "borrowed" it when he was home to Michigan for a visit well before we were married. Too funny.

The temperature out side is a balmy 19 degrees Fahrenheit and guess what??? We should see some more of the white stuff. Oh joy.

I think I'll snuggle back into my comfy couch and find more episodes of Designing Women to watch. Too bad I finished that audio book already.

No comments:

Post a Comment